Thursday, May 08, 2008

Tori Amos’ COMIC BOOK TATTOO

I wrote, drew, lettered and colored a story for the Tori Amos tribute book COMIC BOOK TATTOO, and it's one of my favorite things I've ever done.


What is COMIC BOOK TATTOO?

It's a 12 x 12 inch (record sized) 480 page full color coffee table art book, to be printed in three formats: Softcover, Hardcover, and a special Hardcover limited to 1,000 copies, signed by Tori and featuring some fun extras to be announced.

COMIC BOOK TATTOO will feature over 50 stories by more than eighty comic book creators spanning every style and genre in the medium, with an introduction by Neil Gaiman. Each story will be inspired by one of Tori's songs.

The song I chose was LITTLE AMSTERDAM from her album BOYS FOR PELE. Here's a sample page:


(click image to enlarge)

The limited edition hardcover can be pre-ordered through Amazon.com by clicking here (the page also features a complete creator list). The regular Soft and Hardcover editions will be in book, music, and comic stores everywhere this July (with a huge print run, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding a copy), and will debut at Comic-con International in San Diego this summer.

I'll be showing some more sample art soon, so keep checking back.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger RKelly said...

Wow, that looks awesome. It looks a little different than that stuff for Se7en. That red should look great on the paper. I wish I knew how to color on the computer.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Leif Jones said...

With SE7EN I was trying to emulate the feel of the movie. With this it's much closer to my own personal style that I've been developing over the past few years. Plus, since I'm writing it, I can focus on my strengths, like character interaction.

I use a very simple, stripped down version of Photoshop (5.0 Limited Edition) that works just fine for coloring (and costs about $35, if you purchase it on e-bay!).

I had the good and bad fortune of breaking the wrist of my drawing hand a few years ago, so I had a couple months to teach myself to color my old drawings. I learn as I go.

6:24 PM  
Blogger J said...

I can't wait to see it.I'm a huge fan. Amazing work.

11:37 AM  
Blogger caio said...

it looks good, i really liked the style, having seen this page and the other posted early in undented! i´m big fan of Tori and comics... thanks

2:28 AM  
Blogger KitschTaal said...

thank you for your input on the comic book! i just adore tori and i cant wait to get my hands on the book!

xoxo KitschTaal

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ardilla Lanza Proyectiles said...

I just wanna tell you that Little Amsterdam is I think one of the best and most inventive stories from all of the stories on Comic Book Tattoo. I love it.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter