Wednesday, July 23, 2008

COMIC BOOK TATTOO in stores today and I’m off to Comic-Con!

That’s right, the massive Tori Amos inspired anthology COMIC BOOK TATTOO arrives in comic book stores today (and music and book stores soon to follow).


It will also be debuting at San Diego’s now sold-out Comic-Con International (sorry, but 125,000 people is the limit!) where I’ll be signing copies of the book at the giant Image Comics booth (Booth #2729) on Friday from 1:00-2:00pm and Sunday from 2:00-3:00pm.

I will also be attending the Tori Amos/CBT Spotlight panel in Room 6B on Saturday from 11:30-12:30pm where you can see Tori herself, editor Rantz Hoseley, and some of the book’s creators talk about how the book came to be. Get there early, as seating is limited.

If you wish to meet Tori and have the book signed by her at the convention, you will have to be one of 200 people to purchase the book at the Image booth and receive a ticket to her signing upstairs in the Sails Pavilion at Autograph Area Two (AA2) on Saturday from 2:00-4:00pm. Twenty tickets will be given away with purchase on Wednesday evening, 75 on Thursday, another 75 on Friday, and the remaining 30 on Saturday. You’ll have to show up to the Image booth early to get a ticket (doors open at 6pm on Wednesday for Preview Night, and at 9:30am the rest of the days). Good luck!

Also, next week I will begin selling original black & white line art from my story Little Amsterdam in my Comic Space Gallery . You will be able to make purchases by Paypal or credit card. In the meantime you can check out a few of the pieces, like this one:


A recent interview with Tori can be found here,in which she talks about Comic Book Tattoo:

Every single piece had a uniqueness to it. I found that some of the stories shocked me… I was surprised at the heartache that some of these stories brought up in me when the song originally hadn't meant that to me.

And briefly mentions her thoughts on my story:

I was intrigued by the characters that come alive and who the mother is in the story…She's a working girl. She's a Southern white-trash hooker. It's a parallel universe.

And finally, here’s another sample page of Little Amsterdam:



(click images to enlarge)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger African Gentleman said...

I found your work in the comic book tattoo by image comics and fell in love with your comic "Little Amsterdam".I was wondering if you had any more work out there,or similar pieces.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Leif Jones said...

Thanks! Little Amsterdam was/is my favorite piece of comics work I've ever completed.

Circumstances since then have prevented me from publishing more of my stories and I'm making a transition into the gallery/fine art scene.

As for other comics work I've published, there's very little I would recommend, because most of it was me drawing another person's script (for $). A good place to start would be my Comic Book Data Base page: http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=3699 Which lists most of my comics work.

If you'd like to discuss this more, please send an e-mail to leifjones (at) hotmail (dot) com.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter